Full‑time, 12‑month administrative position reporting to the Director of Residence Life
Distinguishing Features of the Class:
The Coordinator of Housing Operations is a live‑off position responsible for the administrative operations of the residence life program at SUNY Adirondack, working under the direction of the Director of Residence Life. Duties include managing student accounts through The Housing Director software, scheduling housing assignments, summer housing and conferences, coordinating meetings, telephone, email and written correspondence, maintaining the accuracy of the student database for residential students and representing the office at events and meetings. The work calls for frequent exercise of independent judgment in giving out information regarding departmental policies and practices as well as in coordinating and planning activities of the office. The position exercises immediate supervision over the work of student workers, such as Desk Attendants and Study Room Assistants.
Typical Work Activities (illustrative only):
· Oversees the annual Residence Life room selection process and coordinates room assignments and room changes throughout the academic year;
· Maintains contacts with employees and contractors under the Director’s supervision, screens materials submitted by staff members for compliance with procedures and policies before forwarding it to the Director for action;
· Acts as liaison for Residence Life with other college offices (Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Enrollment Management, etc.)
· Coordinates with FSA, AHA and College staff on cleaning, maintenance, and IT concerns to ensure that general and emergency issues in the Residence Hall are corrected in a timely fashion;
· Attend meetings and events representing the Office of Residence Life
· Answers a variety of inquiries by email, telephone and in person;
· Maintains files for the office, in both paper and electronic formats;
· Manages the US mail program for the residence halls and ensure that student workers are trained and follow proper procedures;
· Keeps records of activities related to the residence life program;
· Updates college website and other materials to market on‑campus housing;
· Manages student housing software and prepares regular reports for the Director of Residence Life and/or Dean for Student Affairs to present to the College, the FSA, and the AHA;
· Participates in other administrative functions including department budget preparation and control;
· Trains student workers and assists with the RA training;
· Responsible for summer conference housing with the goal of maintaining maximum occupancy and frequent summer group turnover;
· Organizes Residence Hall furniture inventory while maintaining both departmental furniture and resident room furniture repair/replacement needs; and
· Other duties as assigned
Disclosure: The successful candidate will be employed by the Faculty-Student Association of SUNY Adirondack. This position is not a Civil Service position and is not a position with the college subject to the Education Support Personnel contract.
Compensation: The anticipated salary for this position is $40,000, commensurate with experience. The salary is complemented by a generous benefit package.
a. Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in College Student Personnel or related field
b. 2-3 years of experience in residence life and/or housing operations
c. Experience with housing software, especially The Housing Director
a. Associate’s degree in related field
b. Strong computer skills and data management
c. Robust organizational, management and teamwork skills
d. Solid administration and customer service skills
e. Excellent interpersonal communication skills
f. Willingness and desire to work respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds
Anticipated Start: The successful candidate will start September 2015.
For consideration, email email@example.com with the corresponding job title as the subject line.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of 3 professional references.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until position is filled.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer