SUMMARY OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Grant Writer has the primary responsibility to work with Departments and Divisions in pursuing grant funding consistent with fulfilling the college’s strategic goals and works under the direction of the President and works closely with the President's staff. The Grant Writer will research and be the primary writer on all grants done by the College and will 1) regularly research available funding opportunities from federal and state governments, private foundations and the corporate sector; 2) review those opportunities with senior administration, Division and Department heads; 3), write and submit grant proposals, using the assistance of designated people within Divisions/Departments and following adopted policies and procedures, 4) work with appropriate Division/Department heads and the college’s Budget Analyst to establish appropriate tracking mechanisms to ensure compliance with awarded grants.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience as the primary author of grants in a college or educational institution with proven track record of successful grant funding
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Budget and financial management skills
- Proven experience with Grant seeking tools
- Excellent, demonstrable oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work with others on group activities
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Research and be the primary author of all grants done by the College by
- Identifying and securing public and private funding sources in support of SUNY Adirondack’s mission and strategic plan.
- Monitoring various publications for source information
- Working with Vice Presidents, Deans, Division Chairs and Department heads in an ongoing basis to coordinate Divisions’ and Departments’ respective funding needs with those identified sources.
- Writing and submitting all grant proposals, using the assistance of designated people with Divisions/Departments and following adopted policies and procedures
- Inform internal College community about grant opportunities, awards, and activities via formal and informal communications
- Coordinate proposals and handle multiple projects within specified deadlines.
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed and submitted in accordance with funding agency directions and College policies and procedures.
- Prepare correspondence relating to proposal development, award, acceptance, and internal resource development documents and reports.
- Work with relevant Division/Department heads, the college’s Budget Analyst and the Compliance Officer to ensure that all parties are aware of grant requirements and that appropriate control/reporting structures are in place.
- Assist in communicating with state and federal agencies that may provide funds to the College.
- Monitor funding agencies and legislation for regulation changes.
- All other related duties as assigned.
For consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding job title as the subject line. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of 3 professional references.
Review of applications begins on May 31, 2015.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer