- About Home
- President's Welcome
- Vision & Mission
- Accreditation Information
- Board of Trustees
- Emeriti Information
- Fast Facts
- Map & Directions
- Consumer Information
- Title IX
Training & Resources
Workshops for Students, Faculty and Staff
These workshops are free and open to all members of the SUNY Adirondack credit student body as well as faculty and staff. No prior experience or RSVP necessary.
Trainings being held on the Queensbury Campus
Working Together on a Google Doc - February 11th - 4:00 pm
- How to work together on a document
- How to back up to a previous version
- Identify who did what and when
- Viewing, editing, sharing - What does it all mean
Shortcuts - February 14th, 2:00 pm or February 15th, 10:00 am
- Learn keyboard shortcuts for: Word, Google Docs, Internet Explorer and Chrome
Build a spreadsheet to keep tabs on your time - February 14th, 3:00 pm (Workshop is 90 minutes)
- Learn how to use Excel to: track your sick time, personal time, and vacation time. How to create and format a basic spreadsheet as well as create formulas.
Computer Basics - February 17th, 10:00 am or February 17th, 3:30 pm
- Learn: how to turn on a computer, the parts of the screen, how to open and close files, how to open and close programs and how to print.
Creating Contact Groups in Google - February 21st, 2:00 pm or February 24th, 10:00 am or February 25th, 4:00 pm
- Learn how to create Contact Groups
- Create a group from existing contacts
- Export from Google contacts so you can share list with others
- Import non-Google lists into Google contacts
- Use your contact list to share and distribute files or calendars in Google Apps
- Export a class list from Banner and import it into your contacts
How to get the most out of the Wolfvision Document Camera - February 22nd, 10:00 am or February 24th, 4:00 pm
- Learn how to get a better display image on the classroom projector
- Save images that you a displaying on the document camera onto the computer
- Annotate the images being shown on the document camera using the classroom computer
- Use the document camera to create a video that you can upload to youtube or link to from Angel
Google Slides for presentations - February 21st, 3:00 pm or February 25th, 10:30 am or February 25th, 3:00 pm
- Create a basic slide presentation using Google Slides
- Add pictures and video clips
- Learn to use slide transitioning and animations
- Using slides as part of a team project without everyone being in the same space or online at the same time
Questions and Answers about Google Apps - February 18th, 10:00 am or February 18th, 3:30 pm
- Do you have questions about Google Apps? Come and ask. We will answer your questions, or find the answers for you.
Faculty, please share with your students. Students, please share with your friends. If our training times do not fit into your schedule, please contact us and let us know times you are available, either by email to email@example.com or by Sysaid.
We also offer one on one training. Contact us with your request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Sysaid.