Admission and Registration Process

The first step toward using military benefits at SUNY Adirondack is to file the Application

Veterans may request to have the application fee waived.

Applicants also need to submit to SUNY Adirondack:

* Official High School transcript (in a sealed envelope)  or GED

* College and/or Military Transcripts

         Military Transcripts must be sent electronically from the Joint Services Transcript website.

Once admitted, the student needs to pay the matriculation fee and will then be referred to the Advisement and Testing Center for placement testing. 

     *  If you are unable to pay your matriculation fee at this time, you may request to have it deferred to your bill.  It is likely your VA Education Benefits may cover this expense.  A School Certifying Official can help you determine if it will be a covered benefit.

At the end of the placement test, an appointment will be made with an Advisor or Counselor to select courses for the upcoming semester.

When you have a finalized schedule of classes, print out your Degree Evaluation and submit it with a completed Request for Certification to the School Certifying Officials.  

If you have a disability for which you will need accommodations, please contact the Accessibility Services Office in Warren Hall.

close X