- Culinary Arts Luncheon Menu Oct 12 2016
- Culinary Arts Luncheon Menu Oct 13 2016
- Culinary Arts Luncheon Menu Oct 19 2016
- Culinary Arts Luncheon Menu Oct 20 2016
- SUNY Adirondack Culinary Arts Luncheon Menu Oct 26 2016
- Anlyn Billington and Laura Tennyson Menu: Nov 2nd, 2016
- Culinary Arts Luncheon Menu Nov 3rd 2016
- Culinary Arts Luncheon Menu Nov 9 2016
- Culinary Arts Luncheon Menu Nov 10 2016
Degree Type: AAS
Program Code: CART
Hegis Code: 5404.00
Degree Worksheet PDF: Download
The culinary profession is a challenging and rewarding occupation. Chefs continually explore new trends in cuisine. The hospitality industry demands trained chefs, cooks and baking specialties for all levels of employment. This program provides students with opportunity and training in our new Culinary Arts Facility via Regional Cuisine dinners, Spa Cuisine luncheons, banquets and Culinary Arts club activities, as well as an internship. The program is designed to train the student to enter the culinary profession or prepare for transfer to other culinary institutions. Recommended high school preparation: Chemistry, math functions, speech and introduction to foods class.
|Recommended First Year|
|1-4||HRD100, HRD100A or HRD110|
|3||ENG101 or ENG100A & ENG100B|
|2||CUL131 (See Note 2)|
|3||ENG102 - ENG110|
|2||CUL133 (See Note 2)|
|2||Culinary Arts elective|
|Recommended Second Year|
|3||Liberal Arts and Sciences|
|2||Culinary Arts elective (See Note 3)|
|3||BUS101, BUS102, BUS103 or BUS165|
- The student is required to wear an approved professional chef's uniform in all labs and purchase a cutlery set. Check with Pastry Chef on required baking tools. Recommend measuring cups, measuring spoons, some pastry bags and tips.
- Students must take CUL131 and CUL133 in the first academic year.
- Culinary Arts electives are CUL140, CUL142, CUL143 and CUL145.
- Paul Smith's College transfer students: A student must complete six credits of mathematics from Adirondack; MAT108, MAT109 or MAT127 are recommended. Please see an advisor for articulation agreement details.
- Johnson & Wales University transfer students: Students should take CUL142 and CUL143. Please see an advisor for articulation agreement details.
- SUNY Cobleskill transfer students: Please see an advisor for articulation agreement details.