General Statement of Duties:
Has responsible charge of the custodial and maintenance work of school facilities and equipment; does related work as required.
Distinguishing Features of the Class:
This is an important supervisory position involving responsibility for the efficient and economical cleaning and maintenance of a large school building or a number of smaller buildings and related facilities. The work is performed under the general direction of a superior allowing wide leeway for the exercise of independent judgment in keeping buildings and facilities up to approved standards of cleanliness and operation. Immediate supervision is exercised over the work of subordinate cleaning or maintenance personnel.
Typical Work Activities (illustrative only):
· Makes regular inspections of buildings and grounds to maintain proper cleaning and maintenance procedures and makes recommendations for improvements or new equipment;
· Schedules and assigns cleaning and maintenance work of Custodians;
· Inspects and otherwise exercises control over maintenance work performed by outside contractors;
· Checks to insure that buildings are heated, cleaned, locked and unlocked and in readiness for all activities;
· Keeps records and makes reports of supplies used and activities carried on;
· Assists with cleaning and maintenance activities when necessary;
· Reports any acts of vandalism or breakage to proper authorities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of building and cleaning practices, supplies and equipment; good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a low pressure heating plant; working knowledge of the tools, terminology and practices of one or more skilled trades; ability to follow moderately difficult oral and written directions; ability to plan and supervise the work of others; thoroughness; resourcefulness; dependability; good judgment; good physical condition.
Acceptable Experience & Training:
Three years of experience in building cleaning and maintenance work, or three years of experience in any of the standard mechanical or construction trades; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Salary: 34,059 + shift differential
Shift: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM Monday-Friday
**Provisional appointment, permanent appointment depends upon passing the appropriate Civil Service exam and within the top three scores.**
For consideration, email email@example.com with the corresponding job title as the subject line. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of 3 professional references. Applications accepted until position is filled.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer