General Statement of Duties:
Has responsible charge of the custodial work, overall building cleaning, housekeeping, floors, assists with basic maintenance, and does related work as required. Supervises two part-time Custodians
This is an important supervisory position involving responsibility for the efficient and economical cleaning and maintenance of the Residence Hall. The work is performed under the general direction of a superior allowing wide leeway for the exercise of independent judgment in keeping buildings and facilities up to approved standards of cleanliness and operation. Immediate supervision is exercised over the work of subordinate cleaning or maintenance personnel.
Typical Work Activities (illustrative only):
- Makes regular inspections of buildings and grounds to maintain proper cleaning and maintenance procedures and makes recommendations for improvements or new equipment;
- In conjunction with supervisor, helps schedule and assigns cleaning and maintenance work of part-time Custodians;
- Checks to insure that buildings are heated, cleaned, locked and unlocked and in readiness for all activities;
- Keeps records and makes reports of supplies used and activities carried on;
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance activities when necessary;
- Reports any acts of vandalism or breakage to proper authorities.
- Dusts chairs, tables, desks and other furniture;
- Washes windows, walls, woodwork, water closets, tubs and bowls;
- Sweeps, mops and washes floors;
- Gathers and disposes of refuse;
- Cleans and polishes furniture and brass;
- Strips, waxes floors;
- Supervise part-time Custodians
- Assist with basic maintenance as needed;
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of building and cleaning practices, supplies and equipment; ability to follow moderately difficult oral and written directions; ability to plan and supervise the work of others; thoroughness; resourcefulness; dependability; good judgement; good physical condition.
Acceptable Experience & Training:
High School degree required, Associate degree preferred. Three years of experience in building cleaning and maintenance work, or three years of experience in any of the standard mechanical or construction trades; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Starting wage is $15 per hour, 40 hours per week
Please note this position is employed by the Faculty Student Association of SUNY Adirondack and not directly by the College.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references to: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately with an anticipated start date of January 2, 2015.