This is a temporary, grant-funded appointment from 07/05/16 through 08/05/16 and is supported by SUNY’s Expanded Investment and Performance Fund. SUNY Adirondack’s Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) will offer a 4-week intensive Pre-Freshman Summer Institute designed to assist financially and academically eligible incoming freshman with intensive writing and mathematics instruction, enhanced orientation, a residential program, and academic support services.
The Residential Tutor-Mentor will be responsible to:
· Provide tutoring and supplemental instruction to program participants in Writing and/or Mathematics.
· Lead Study Groups, workshops and study hall activities in Writing and/or Mathematics.
· Provide elective and recreational activities, field trips, and residence life programming.
· Act as a Teacher’s Assistant in selected classes
· Appropriately work with student participants to encourage participation, enhance college preparation and maintain program academic and behavioral standards
· Attend field trips (some overnight travel required)
· Attend staff debrief meeting and program closing activities
· Attend daily staff meetings during the Pre-Freshman Summer Institute
Qualifications: Enrolled undergraduate or graduate student who has met high academic standards. 3.0 cumulative college GPA with 45+credits earned is preferred. Certification, Associate degree or Bachelor degree preferred. The ability to teach elective courses or facilitate workshops. Demonstrated knowledge, ability, and sensitivity to work with, teach, and counsel students who have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
Compensation: $12.50 per hour + opportunity to attend cultural and recreational activities at no cost. Full-time and part-time opportunities are available, please note your availability in your application materials.
For consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding job title as the subject line. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, numbers and email addresses of 3 professional references. Applications will be reviewed until positions are filled.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer