Information Technology: Information Security
Enrolling now for the Fall 2017 Semester!
The IT Information Security (AS) degree is a flexible technology degree for a rapidly changing world.
The Information Security AS degree will introduce students to secure coding techniques, information assurance and network security in order to prepare them for transfer to a wide range of different schools and technology degree programs. This curriculum offers an alternative path to students interested in Computer Science and/or Information Technology to transfer and complete a security-related degree at a baccalaureate-granting institution. This degree program is designed to provide students with a solid foundation for future study of IT-related content, including (but not limited to) Information Assurance, Application Development, Cyber Operations and Network Security. A wide range of courses will provide students with the fundamentals of secure coding practices, object oriented programming, information security, database design, data assurance and cyber operations.
- Opportunities to take innovative coursework such as mobile app development, Network Security and Information Security
- Computer Science and Information Security Tutoring Lab staffed with tutors credentialed in the field
- Remote Linux and Windows servers
- Wide array of faculty with diverse certifications, including terminal degrees, in the field
InfoSec AS features a broad-based curriculum that will allow students the flexibility to transfer to a variety of baccalaureate-level security programs. The faculty are eager to help you select the most appropriate electives to allow you to transfer to the 4-year program you wish to attend, and agreements exist with a wide range of schools, including:
- SUNY Canton
- SUNY Polytechnic
Information security-related concerns are growing at local organizations. This trend is evident at the state and national levels as well. The Information Security AS degree is geared toward transfer opportunities. Upon graduation from a baccalaureate security program, students will find ample employment opportunities for high-paying, in-demand job roles such as:
- Information Security Analysts
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Software Developers
- Computer Support Specialists
- Information Assurance Engineers
- Cyber Operations Specialist
- HIPAA Compliance Officer