Bookstore advances allow eligible students to charge all or a portion of their cost for textbooks and related supplies at the College Bookstore. When using loan funds, students must NOT be eligible for Federal Pell and must submit an application to Student Accounts EACH SEMESTER. Those using federal grant money will automatically have it offered. If students using their federal grant money do not wish to participate, an opt-out form is available at the Financial Aid or Student Accounts Offices.
• You must be matriculated and registered in the term.
• You must have a valid certificate of residence on file.
• You must have excess funds available after paying all billable costs.
• You can’t have an outstanding prior balance with SUNY Adirondack.
• $700 full-time (12+ credits)
• $500 3/4 time (9-11 credits)
• $350 1/2 time (6-8 credits)
• $175 less than 1/2 time (1-5 credits)
Students can view the amount of the advance on their Self-Service Banner any time under the Student Accounts tab. Students will only be charged for the actual amount spent at the campus bookstore. Students must apply for the bookstore loan advance each semester.
If the student becomes ineligible for financial aid, the bookstore charges will be the responsibility of the student.
NOTE: During peak times, it could take 1-2 days for the availability of a book advance to feed into the bookstore’s system.