The Center for Student Success (Advising Center) provides academic advising, placement testing and career planning services that help students reach their educational, career and personal goals.
The Center for Student Success is a central point of contact for students seeking information about classes, majors and careers.
Student Success Advisors are available throughout the year to help students via email, phone or walk in.
Walk-in advisement is available:
Monday - Thursday, 8 am to 5 pm
Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
Student Success Advisors assist students with:
- academic plannning
- career planning
- transfer planning
- course selection
- degree management
- establishing career goals
Here to help
Our office coordinates the matriculation process, Early Alert, Academic Alert, Midterm Outreach, Finish-in-2, Athletic Academic Advising, advising technologies (like DegreeWorks, Career Coach and using Banner for course selection/registration), advising communications and advisement training.
Our office serves as the primary student resource for Priority Registration, Change of Major, Withdrawal from a class, Graduation Application and Add/Drop.
Our office provides standardized placement testing in Math and English for entering and continuing students.
Academic Advising Goals
- Encourage students’ academic, career and transfer planning through an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Provide students with accurate information and resources so that students may navigate matriculation into college and their college experience appropriately with the ultimate goal of a college degree.
- Promote personal responsibility in guiding students to achieve their goals, understand the relevance of higher education and value academic success.
- Utilize both technology and mutually respectful personal relationships to assist students with appropriate educational planning.
- Foster continuous improvement through advisor education, evaluation of students’ needs and program assessment.
At SUNY Adirondack, all full-time enrolled students are assigned an academic advisor based on their major. This advisor serves as a guide to educational and career planning, and a resource in their pathway to success here at SUNY Adirondack.
Students can view their advisor's name in Degree Works or in Self-Service Banner.
Students can take advantage of advising services in the Center for Student Success in Warren Hall as well as other opportunities on both the main and Wilton campuses.
Career Planning services available to students in this office include:
- Individual career counseling
- Career Coach
- Career assessment inventories including the Strong Interest Inventory and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Phone: (518) 832-7708
Looking for Transfer Opportunities so you can continue your education to earn a bachelor’s degree at a 4-year school? Contact Doug Gaulin, assistant professor of counseling, at 518.743.2253 or email email@example.com.